Vintage Tablecloths

Sharing vintage tablecloths ~ and other vintage treasures that capture my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Vintage tablescapes ~ tablecloths

It has been raining here for days and days.  Our yard is full of ponding
water, and it sure makes for a messy Doyle!  These gray winter days
can bring on the doldrums, for me anyway.  Something that always
 makes me feel better is printed vintage tablecloths and  tablescapes.
Just looking at them brightens my mood!

(Tiffany and Co.)

Today I'm sharing several tablescape photos that have been featured on
my blog in the past.  I hope you enjoy peeking at them as much as I did.
 I'll also give a little info here and there.  Enjoy!
(warning ~ lots of photos)
Birds and nesting theme on this colorful Startex bird theme tablecloth.
You will be seeing a lot of Hazel Atlas dishes, which go so well with 
vintage tablecloths.  

 Vintage Hazel Atlas paired with this modish style 60's tablecloth,
signed by designer Bob Van Allen.

I remember doing this for a tablescape challenge.  We were allowed
to use only white and one color.  Love the teal/aqua tones.

Bermuda souvenir tablecloth, a gift from a friend.  Ah for some pristine water
and white sand.  We could all use some of that this time of year!


I dubbed this my Pyrex tablescape, since I included a mixing bowl,
refrigerator dish, and coffee pot. I use them all, and especially love the
 stove top coffee pot when we lose electricity.   The same sweet friend
sent me this tablecloth also.

I think I said something about sunglasses when I did this tablescape,
so much bold color.  I love color!

Looks like I had a bird and butterfly spring theme here, tablecloth is made
by Startex.  I have my treasure hunting eye out to find another pair of the
 Fiesta pyramid candlestick holders. Not easy!  The blue dishes are
Iroquois Casual Russel Wright.

This Startex-Starmont is a good match for Blue Willow, a favorite
pattern to so many folks. Even the candles were Blue Willow pattern.


Another tablescape challenge, allowing only white dishes and one other
color.  Love this sweet teapot tablecloth.

Since we are close to February, I'm ready to share a couple of
Valentine's tablescapes as well.  More cute teapots here (possibly a Broderie
tablecloth) and adding some vintage valentine's was irresistible.

Beautiful Wilendur roses tablecloth, and  sweet vintage hankies.

I hope you enjoyed looking!  The sun peeked out for a few minutes
this morning....crossing fingers for more!  How about you?


Linking with:

16 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your collection and how pretty they look on your table. I buy them when I see them at the old thrift store. They make me feel good! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each tablecloth is so pretty and unique. I love the first photo...that one reminds me of the Tiffany jewelry box with the blue color and white bows. I enjoyed looking at each one though. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Thanks so much for sharing. These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors and the wonderful dishes always make me smile! I needed this to brighten up my day also!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, what a charming and delightful post, my friend! I just love, love, LOVE that first tablecloth...the one with the bows :)

    Wishing you a lovely day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where on earth do you keep those beauties at. LOVED the first one, how colorful! And where do you have all those place settings! I have alot I thought, but you beat the band. Perked me up, out of the winter dulldrums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such an eye for color! I don't know which one I like the best, the royal blue or the modish green. They are all so beautiful. I used the Christmas tablecloth this year that I won from one of your giveaways! Hope the sun is shining where you are, we're getting lots of rain down here.
    xoxo,
    Dorothy and Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. These were wonderful - delicious eye-candy on a dreary winter's day! I loved them all! So many pretty details and lovely colors. Thanks for the cheery post! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun to see a collection of your tablescape posts. You have a nice collection of vintage tablecloths and dishes. I enjoyed all the color too- where I live it's winter winter winter! We did warm up for a bit and a lot of the snow melted, then we had rain but now we're getting cold again and going back to the kind of winter weather we should be having.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reminding me so much of Saturday lunches at my grandmother's. Must be where my love of colorful tables came from!

    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I love your tablecloth collection. I'm new to vintage tablecloths and now I will be scouring antique stores to find a couple of my own. Your collection is absolutely fantastic and I love the way you have coordinated your dishes with them. This post certainly put a smile on my face! Bravo!!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  12. You create the most fantastic tablescapes! These are all great, but I especially love the birds, the poppies, and the brightly colored plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all beautiful. I love vintage tablecloths and dishes also. My favourite is the birds and butterflies. The aqua is gorgeous also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so amazed at your collection of tablecloths and dishes. So brings me back to my grandmother's kitchen table, and my mom's. I have a few of theirs (with burn holes) I cut and made into cushions for my screened porch furniture. Nothing beats the softness of the wonderful fabrics of vintage tablecloths. Love your post, thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Pam! These are just so pretty and cheerful! We really do need this now! It's ugly out there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always remember the first time I saw that Tiffany tablecloth on your blog...if ever my face looked like that smiley emoji with the heart eyes, it would be when I look at that tablecloth! And I love, love, LOVE the teal & white tablescape. So many great photos in this post! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and our open to all! Thanks.